Bocconcini are bite-size morsels of fresh mozzarella. They are usually packed in water or whey for freshness. For lower-fat content, choose part-skim ricotta, it has comparable creaminess to the whole-fat but has fewer calories and less fat!! Also, use whole-wheat pitas -- which are fiber-rich and just as tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 mini whole wheat pita bread, split (3 inches each)
- 118.29 ml part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, pushed through a garlic press
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 283.49 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (use paper towels to help drain & dry)
- 236.59 ml bocconcini, halved (about 20 balls)
- 1Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat.
- 2Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; arrange pita halves on sheet, cut side up.
- 3In a small bowl, combine ricotta, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- 4Dividing evenly, spread ricotta mixture on pitas, and top with spinach and bocconcini.
- 5Season with salt and pepper
- 6Broil until cheese is melted and starts to brown, 4 to 6 minutes, rotating sheet from front to back halfway through baking.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Spinach and Cheese Pizzas
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.4
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.5 mg
- Sodium 240.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: