Recipe by Chef_Indulge
A perfect bite size snack for the chocoholic who also loves caramel, or peanut butter. These package very well as a gift. You can garnish them with peanuts, chocolate curls, piped chocolate, or sprinkles--let your imagination rule! (These are made from scratch. If you are strapped for time or just feel like cheating, you can buy a brownie mix from a store and use that, but I personally think "from scratch" always tastes better).
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
I was so happy to find this recipe ~ how can you go wrong wtih rolos? These were easy to make ~ which I like ~ but the brownie part became very hard after cooling. So hard in fact, that it was difficult to bite into. I think with some reworking, these would be great. Thanks for posting.
- 1 (20 ounce) box brownie mix (No Pudge is especially good (and ingredients necessary to prepare according to package instructions)
- 1 egg (or as indicated on brownie mix)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or as indicated on brownie mix)
- 24 Rolo chocolates (To make Peanut butter bites) or 24 reeses miniature peanut butter cups, chilled and unwrapped (To make peanut butter bites)
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (To make peanut butter bites)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 24 cup mini-muffin pan or coat with nonstick spray.
- Prepare brownie batter as instructed on package.
- Spoon batter into pan, Set muffin pan on baking sheet. Bake in middle of oven 10-14 minutes or until almost firm.
- Remove from oven and immediately press candy, small end down, into centers of each cup until flush with the surface of brownie.
- Transfer pan to cooling rack and let stand until completely cool.
- To remove: Gently loosen brownie cups with knife and remove from pans.
- For peanut butter bites stir peanut butter in batter before baking for an added kick.