I found this recipe in a magazine at the supermarket called PIL Cookbooks, Irish Favorites.
Make and share this Mini Pots of Gold recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 14 ounces caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons candy covered plain chocolate candies, yellow and orange
- 1 tablespoon decorator sugar, yellow
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.Grease a mini muffin tin.
- Mix together the cookie dough and the cocoa with a mixer on medium.
- Divide the dough into 36 mini balls.
- Place one ball in each muffin cup and press it down the center and up the sides of the cup. Don't let the bottom dough get too thin otherwise the cookie will break.
- Place the pans in the refrigerater for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 9 minutes and remove the pan from the oven. Gently press down the center of every cookie. They will be puffy. A small spoon works well.
- Place the pan back in the oven for 1 minute.
- Let them cool in the pan for five minutes before putting the pots on a wire rack. If they don't come out easily use a knife along the edge and pop them out.
- While the pots are cooling add the milk to the caramel and heat it in a saucepan on low. Stir frequently until smooth.
- Spoon the caramel into the cookie pots and while the caramel is still warm decorate with the chocolate candy and yellow sugar.
- Note: Also yummy with Reese's Pieces instead of M&Ms.