Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted pizza and meatloaf, and this is what I came up with. If you like, you can serve with a side of spaghetti, salad and a loaf of crusty bread. You can add more shredded mozzarella, when you add sauce.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons pizza seasoning
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons instant onion
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut in 1 ounce sticks
- cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- With spray, lightly coat the inside of a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except pizza sauce and cheese.
- Separate meat mixture into 4 equal parts.
- Pat into rectangles of equal size.
- Lay cheese sticks in middle of rectangles.
- Wrap meat around cheese, forming a roll.
- Place 1/2 inch apart in prepared dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Drain if needed.
- Some of the cheese may come out, but that's o.k.
- Pour 1/4 cup of sauce over each roll.
- Return to oven, until sauce is heated through.
These were very good. I made them in August, actually, and froze them until just the other day...about one month later ! I thawed them in the fridge overnight, then reheated in the microwave and served with noodles. My daughter and husband wanted more, so next time I'll definitely double the recipe.