Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am hosting a wine tasting and one of the recommended foods for Riesling night is a pastrami sandwich. I attempted to create something a bit more appropriate for a party and came up with these. They are Yummy!
- 1 (16 ounce) package phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 lb pastrami, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) container cream cheese with chives and onions, softened
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Layer 4-5 sheets of phyllo brushing butter between each sheet. Cut into 6 squares.
- Place about 1-2 teaspoons of cream cheese and about 1-2 TBS of the pastrami in the center of each square. These measurements are not exact -- you may put more or less in depending on the exact size of the square and your ability to fold & seal it.
- Fold the ends and corners of each square over into the center, brush some extra butter on bottom and top to seal, and place folded side down on a baking sheet.
- Repeat steps 1-3 until ingredients are gone or until you've made the desired amount.
- Bake at 375°F for about 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with some spicy or stone ground mustard to dip.
- You can make these ahead and freeze. Thaw and re-heat in the oven.