Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
-=UPDATE=- This recipe has been adopted and revised by me on February 16h 2005! Serve along side of fresh fruit such as melon balls, grapes and pineapple chunks.
- 6 slices cooked turkey
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 6 slices lean ham
- 12 slices bread (use good bread that is not sliced too thin)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 large egg
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- raspberry jam
- melon (optional)
- grapes (optional)
- pineapple chunk (optional)
- Place one slice each of turkey, Swiss cheese, and ham on 6 bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread slices and cut into quarters; hold sandwiches together with wooden toothpicks if needed.
- -=Batter=- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Add water to egg and beat slightly. Add egg to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Dip mini monte cristo sandwich quarters into batter and fry in hot oil until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove toothpicks and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
- Serve with a side of raspberry jam to dip them inches.