1/1 Photo of Mini Meatball Hero Sandwiches
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
You can of coarse use your favorite meatball recipe for these, but the ingredients listed here makes a great mini meatball with lot of flavor, or see my Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs. Purchase the longer crusty rolls for this. You can prepare the meatballs and simmer in the sauce, then refrigerate until ready to use. Prep time does not include making the marinara sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (can use less)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped (or use 2 teaspoons dried parsley)
- 1/2 cup crushed corn flake crumbs (more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (can use more)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- black pepper (or use cayenne pepper for heat)
- 4 cups favorite marinara sauce (see Kittencal's Marinara Pasta Sauce (Vegetarian))
- parmesan cheese (optional) or mozzarella cheese, shredded (optional)
- 6 large rolls (purchase Italian or French rolls, sliced in half lengthwise)
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Prepare a baking sheet.
- 3In a large bowl combine the first 9 ingredients (up to the marinara sauce) mix well with clean hands to combine, if the mixture is too soft then add in a bit more cornflake crumbs.
- 4Shape into 1-1/2-inch balls, then place on prepared baking sheet.
- 5Bake the meatballs for about 20 minutes or until cooked and browned.
- 6Bring the marinara sauce to a simmer on top of the stove.
- 7Add in the cooked mini meatballs and simmer for about 20 minutes (you can refrigerate this and then use the following day, just rewarm over low heat before using).
- 8With your fingers press down the bottom part of each bun to create a depression in the middle.
- 9Spoon about 5-6 meatballs into the depression and then spoon the sauce over to coat.
- 10Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese, if desired.
- 11Place the tops of buns over and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Meatball Hero Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.6
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 160.0 mg
- Sodium 1424.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 37.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: