Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Using eggplant as the crust is a healthy way to get your veggie and pizza in.
Make and share this Mini Eggplant Crust Pizzas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 eggplant, - 3 inches in diameter peeled and cut into 4 half-inch thick slices
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant with the oil and season with the salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake until browned and almost tender, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pasta sauce on each eggplant slice. Top with the shredded cheese. Bake until the cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.
I was about to post this, but you already did. I'm not a health nut or anything, but these things are awesome. I also recommend just a bit of oregano as mama's kitchen said.
Quick, easy, low carb and delicious. What more could you ask for? Thanks for the recipe, it is a keeper.
Super good! I added chopped turkey pepperoni on top of the cheese and sprinkled with Penzy's pasta sprinkle and crushed red pepper. We'll be making these again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.