Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you like your cookies crispy, these are the ones, so buttery and good....delicious to dip in your coffee.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place 12 at a time, on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten out to circles about 2 inches in diameter with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until desired crispness.
- Remove from baking sheets, let cool on wire racks.
Used this recipe for 20 some years. I got it off a recipe card from the dairy board of Canada. Love it!
Kitten - even though the tag was made during a sad period in your life I am thrilled that this was made to honor someone special. We really enjoyed these cookies dipped into our coffee & tea (me coffee and DH tea! LOL). They are quite what you stated as a crisp flat cookie and that makes them perfect for dipping. The only slight change I made was to dip the glass in fine granulated sugar instead of the flour for just a pretty sheen on the cookies after baking. Very easy to put together using a mixer. Thanks friend for sharing and thanks for allowing me to be a part of the memories. <3 Mel