Prep 40 mins
Cook 21 mins
This was submitted by Nancy Dixon to the Thursday magazine and won the Recipe of the Week prize for the week of September 14-20th'06. Enjoy!
- 500 g mini chicken frankfurters
- 1 egg
- 500 g prepared puff pastry, squares
- extra virgin olive oil, as required
- To begin, defrost the chicken franks and pastry.
- Beat the egg in a bowl with a fork for 1 minute.
- Using a little extra virgin or sunflower cooking oil, grease a baking tray lightly.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C or 400°F.
- Now with a sharp knife, cut each pastry square into 4 smaller squares.
- Using your fingers, roll each square until it is very thin and sufficient to wrap around each chicken frank.
- Then brush each pastry square with egg and wrap around each chicken frank.
- Put it on the baking tray and lightly grease again with cooking oil.
- Likewise, repeat for every chicken frank and pastry until one or the other is over.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 200C or 400F on the top shelf of the oven.
- Remove tray from oven once the time is over.
- Brush frank rolls with egg once again.
- Lower oven temperature to 300F or 150°C.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the rolls turn golden brown.
- Remove from tray and serve with tomato ketchup, some juice/soft drink like Pepsi or Mountain Dew, and most importantly, enjoy!