Recipe by ChefDLH
Perfect for cookouts, grilling, potlucks and more! There are others with the same name on the site but the ingredients are different in this one from Pillsbury Get Togethers Magazine. This one is fresh and light and can be a meal or a side dish. It is served cold so it can be made ahead and carted to wherever it needs to go. The pepperoni adds a punch of protein and color along with the red kidney beans. Any medium pasta works but the farfalle makes a great presentation. Enjoy! ChefDLH
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was a great twist on typical pasta salad - colorful and tasty! I used campanelle pasta, which worked out fine. I made this exactly as posted, except I had to use red bell pepper instead of green. The beans are a nice change of pace, and the end result is a really fresh-tasting salad! Thanks for sharing.
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta, uncooked (farfalle or any medium sized pasta)
- 15 . 5 oz can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 3 1⁄2 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 4 Italian plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded (1oz)
- freshly pepper, freshly ground
- 8 ounces Italian dressing (3/4 cup)