Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Woman's World Magazine 5/2/00. This turns everyone's favorite cookie and best-loved candy bar into a crowd-pleasing frozen dessert that's out of this world. (The amount of time I have listed for cooking time is actually freezing time.)
- 30 Oreo cookies, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 (1 1/2 ounce) packages chocolate-covered english toffee bars, such as Heath, coarsely chopped, divided
- 3 pints coffee ice cream, softened
- caramel topping, from a jar
- sweetened whipped cream
- additional coarsely chopped Heath candy bar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Caot 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Seal 20 cookies in a resealable plastic food storage bag. Using rolling pin finely crush cookies.
- In small bowl combine crushed cookies with butter. Press into bottom and up sides of pie pan; freeze.
- Quarter remaining cookies; in large bowl, combine with vanilla ice cream. Press mixture into pie shell; freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle half of chopped Heath bars over pie.
- In large bowl combine coffee ice cream with remaining chopped Heath bars; mound over pie. Freeze until solid, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Just before serving, drizzle with caramel topping and garnish with whipped cream and more chopped Heath bars, if desired.