Recipe by Mysterygirl
I got this recipe in a church cookbook years ago and have been making them ever since. They are extremely tender with a flavor that no store bought biscuit could ever come up with. Makes breakfast or any meal special. (And they are so easy too)
Top Review by bert
Mysterygirl, these are Fab-u-lous!! I just finished one off and you can be sure I will be making these again. Very easy to put together. I was worried about the high heat, and they were very brown but very flaky and moist. Delicious with strawberry jam. I totally agree with Yooper. You have a winning recipe here. Thanks for posting.
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml cream of tartar
- 3.69 ml salt
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 177.44 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg and milk;mix until dough forms a ball.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead 10- 12 times, only.
- Roll out to 3/4 inch, cut with floured cutter.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 12- 15 minutes or until light brown.