I got this recipe in a church cookbook years ago and have been making them ever since. They are extremely tender with a flavor that no store bought biscuit could ever come up with. Makes breakfast or any meal special. (And they are so easy too)
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg and milk;mix until dough forms a ball.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead 10- 12 times, only.
- Roll out to 3/4 inch, cut with floured cutter.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 12- 15 minutes or until light brown.