Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Do you really need another meatloaf recipe? Better make room for this one because you won't want to miss out on this vegetable-studded gem. From "Mrs. Rowe's Restaurant Cookbook: A Lifetime of Recipes from the Shenandoah Valley". I diced a whole small onion, omitted the green pepper, and baked in a 9" x 13" pan for 45 minutes. Makes a great cold meatloaf sandwich. Add 1/2 cup diced cooked carrots for color if you like. TIP: Try placing slices of stale bread in the bottom of the pan, under the meat mixture, to absorb grease. Discard bread after baking.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, 1 stalk finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and lightly stir until well mixed.
- Transfer to a loaf pan and pat into shape.
- Bake 45-60 minutes until cooked through and browned on top.
- Remove from oven and let rest on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before cutting.