1/2 Photos of Middle Eastern Baked Kufta
chef FIFI's Note:
This recipe is quick and easy. Its one of my favorite dishes. Serve with a side of rice and a great salad. 7/12/06 - recipe has been amended.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs ground beef or 3 lbs lamb or 3 lbs turkey
- 1 large onion
- 3/4-1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- seasoning salt or salt
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- 1What you can do is start by chopping up your parsley in a food chopper until fine.
- 2Do not use dried parsley.
- 3Then put the parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Then cut onion up into pieces-- doesn't matter how small just so you can fit it into the chopper and combine the garlic and chop away until fine-- not pasty though.
- 5Put the onion garlic mixture in the bowl with the parsley and add ground meat and spices.
- 6Mix with hands until everything is well blended.
- 7Pat the meat mixture down in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan and broil in oven until top is browned, this will enhance the flavor, then take out of the oven.
- 8Peel potatoes.
- 9Slice tomatoes and potatoes into quarter of an inch in size and layer-- potatoes first and then tomatoes will be top layer.
- 10Sprinkle with a little salt-- and bake in oven about 425°F covered with foil for approximately 45 minutes to and hour-- enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Middle Eastern Baked Kufta
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.8
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 164.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 45.4 g