Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Makes a nice change from roasted parsnips. Quick and easy to make.
- Peel and cut parsnips into 1/4's lengthwise or thick sticks.
- Combine with other ingredients in a microwave safe dish.
- Cover and cook on medium power for aprrox 5 minutes (more or less depending on the wattage of your microwave).
- When tender, remove from oven and stand covered for 5mins before serving.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley if desired and serve.
I baked these in the oven but I precooked them until just done. I did this step earlier in the day.Then placed them in a baking dish used Splenda brown sugar, Sprinkled the sugar, lemon juice & zest over them - Popped them in the oven 20 minutes before serving. The lemon is wonderful with the parsnips Thanks Jen for a recipe that will be repeated