Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I use Bosc or Anjou pears for this jam. This jam is quick and easy and only makes 3 cups. The recipe is from Small Batch Preserving by Topp and Howard.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pears, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple juice (can use cider or water)
- 0.5 (1 7/8 ounce) box powdered fruit pectin
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- Combine pears, apple, apple juice and pectin in a 3 quart microwavable container.
- Microwave, uncovered, on High for 6 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring twice.
- Add sugar.
- Microwave, uncovered, on High for 4 minutes or until mixture return to a full boil and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Stir in liqueur.
- Ladle into sterilized jars and use inversion method or process in water bath for 10 minutes.
I'm not adding any stars because I couldn't get the pectin and since I had the apple and pears I made a fruit sauce that is delicious. I used 2 lg Bartlett pears and a Granny Smith apple. They were whizzed in the food processor and then simmered with 2-3 Tbsp of water. Once cooked down, thickened and off the stove I added 1/4 cup of Splenda and the Amaretto. It's delicious and will be marvelous on toast, pancakes or anything you would use a fruit sauce for. Thanks mary.