Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Only a few ingredients and so simple to make, better stock up on lots of candy canes this is so good you will be making it all year around! --- use a good quality white chocolate like Lindt or Bakers for this, and you may omit the nuts if desired :)
Top Review by Erika H.
I tried to make this but the chocolate did not melt, only burned. I stirred it every 30 seconds and it still burned. It sounds like a delicious recipe and maybe it was the type of chips I used (Ghiradelli). I plan to try this again using a double boiler but am very dissapointed that I wasted so much white chocolate.
- 2 lbs white chocolate (use a good quality white chocolate)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 30 small candy canes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a large jellyroll pan with heavy-duty foil.
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- heat in microwave on medium setting for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Place the candy canes in a plastic bag or between two pieces of waxed paper.
- Using a mallet or rolling pin break the candy canes into chunks, then stir into the melted chocolate along with pecans (if using).
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Chill until set (about 45 minutes to 1 hour).
- Break into pieces by slamming the pan on counter.