Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
It ain't the real deal, but its pretty darn tasty in a pinch. This is easy freezer stuff to always have on hand.
- 8 ounces frozen lima beans
- 8 ounces frozen corn kernels (I like the sweet white kind)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- creole seasoning, to taste (Tony Chachere's recommended)
- Place the lima beans in a covered glass dish with the 1/3 cup water and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, re-cover, and microwave for 5 more minutes.
- Drain off water and stir in butter. Season, to taste, with Creole seasoning.
I used the frozen corn, limas and a standard creole seasoning (not TC's), but a good brand, I also added okra cuz I had a little I wanted to use up. Great quick recipe. It would be just as good without the okra, I just wanted to finish it. I love limas, so I really enjoyed it. My son ... well he hates beans so his review doesn't count. I like it very much
This is a tasty side dish. I doubled the recipe so I increased the cooking time as well. I like to have leftovers of vegetables to snack on. My oldest son and I are the only ones who like lima beans so this was just for us. I couldn't find creole seasoning in the grocery store so I substituted Emeril's southwest Essence, thinking that might be a good alternative. I will make this again. I served this with "Weight Watchers Parmesan Chicken Cutlets" and "Herb Roasted Potatoes". Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2009.