Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
What I love about this recipe is the ease of preparation. The asparagus comes out still crisp. To make things easier I use a Tupperware microwave steamer and I have a gadget called "Misto" that you put olive oil in to mist your foods. Cooking time includes standing time.
- Clean fresh Asparagus and snap off wooden ends. Discard wooden ends or use in another recipe.
- Place water in bottom of steamer.
- In steamer basket lay the Asparagus with tips pointing towards the outer edge of basket.
- Mist Asparagus with olive oil or drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt. I usually eyeball this, but it is around 1/2 teaspoon.
- Place in Microwave. Microwave on high 2 to 3 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes.
This is good and easy to make. I didn't add the oil but just sprinkled it with season salt. We all enjoyed this.
Better than french fries! The best 'recipes' are so simple - used roasted garlic olive oil.
This was pretty good. I usually sprinkle about a half teaspoon of sugar and then a couple of teaspoons of butter before microwaving. I think mines a little better. However if you are trying to cut down on trans fat etc. this would be a great substitute. Made for PAC Fall 2012.