Recipe by Diana in KS
Simply ways to make your microwave smells disappear. Always make sure after cooking something to wipe clean with a damp cloth. Use a mild detergent when needed. When smells have taken over use the following.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 slices fresh lemon or 2 slices limes or 2 slices oranges
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 1/2 cup water into a 4 cup microwave safe bowl.
- Add one of the listed fruits plus the other ingredients.
- Heat on 100% power 1-2 minutes or until water boils.
- Wipe throughly with a clean soft rag.
- To make the kitchen smell like you've been baking all day.
- Add 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice and 1 cup water to a microwave safe bowl and heat at 100% 3 minutes.