Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
Simply ways to make your microwave smells disappear. Always make sure after cooking something to wipe clean with a damp cloth. Use a mild detergent when needed. When smells have taken over use the following.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 slices fresh lemon or 2 slices limes or 2 slices oranges
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pour 1/2 cup water into a 4 cup microwave safe bowl.
- Add one of the listed fruits plus the other ingredients.
- Heat on 100% power 1-2 minutes or until water boils.
- Wipe throughly with a clean soft rag.
- To make the kitchen smell like you've been baking all day.
- Add 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice and 1 cup water to a microwave safe bowl and heat at 100% 3 minutes.
I didn't have sliced lemon but used frozen lemon cubes that I keep in the freezer. It worked great. I'll use this again. Made for I Recommend Tag Game 2010.
Something so simple worked so well - used fresh lemon slices. Will definately use again.
What a fun way to freshen the microwave! And it works! I used ground cloves and also added some nutmeg, a splash of vanilla extract, and some fresh ginger slices. Yum! The whole kitchen smells great...way better than chemical air fresheners. This is easy, cheap (since you probably have all the ingredients on hand), and versatile. I will definitely do this again. Thanks for posting.