Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lasagna taste in an easy microwave casserole.
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage
- 26 ounces meatless spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces 2% mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 15 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 egg
- italian seasoning
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Break up lasagna noodles into bite size pieces; boil until al dente.
- Brown turkey sausage; drain if needed.
- Add spaghetti sauce & Italian seasonings to turkey in skillet. Simmer to blend flavors.
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, egg, dash of salt & Italian seasoning to taste.
- Stir cooked lasagna noodle pieces into turkey mixture.
- Spray 11 X 9 microwave casserole dish with no stick spray. Spread ricotta mixture evenly into casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Spread turkey mixture over cheese mixture.
- Microwave, covered tightly with microwave safe plastic wrap, on high for 8 minutes - turning once if microwave does not have turn table. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella & with Parmasan if desired. Microwave, uncovered approximately another 2- 3 minutes until warmed through & cheese is melted. Let sit 5 - 10 minutes before cutting.