Recipe by The Hoff's
my daughter went to culinary school and knows the proper way to make a great hollandaise, but i have never made a real hollandaise and found this recipe in my good housekeeping illustrated cookbook and have used it ever since! its easy and simple and tastes just as great!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- begin 10 minutes ahead --
- in a small bowl, place butter or margarine; cover with waxed paper or paper towel. cook at HIGH (100% power) 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until it is melts and is bubbly.
- in another small bowl, with a wire wisk, beat remaining ingredients until smooth.
- with the wire wisk, gradually add hot butter to egg-yolk mixture, beating mixture constantly until smooth and thickens slightly.
- cook sauce at MEDIUM (50% power) 45 to 60 seconds until thickens, stirring briskly with the wire wisk every 15 secinds, serve immediately over poached eggs, chicken fish, vegetables, or anything you like!