Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Microwave Cranberry-Apple Glazed Cornish Game Hens for 1 recipe from Food.com.
- Wash hen and pat dry.
- Sprinkle cavity with salt and pepper.
- Toss apple pieces with brown sugar.
- Place apple pieces in hen cavity.
- Tie drumsticks together with heavy string.
- Place hen, breast side down, on roasting rack.
- In small bowl, stir cranberry sauce, cognac and cinnamon.
- Baste hen with half the cranberry glaze.
- Microwave on High 8 to 12 minutes, or until juices run clear and meat near bone is no longer pink, rotating 1/2 turn ever 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn hen breast side up after half the cooking time and baste with remaining glaze.
- Variation - Honey-Soy Glazed Cornish Hen: Substitute half small onion, quartered, for the apple and brown sugar in cavity. Substitute 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard and 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger for the glaze ingredients. Microwave glaze at High 30 to 45 seconds, or until heated, stirring to dissolve honey. Continue as directed.
- Glazed Cornish Hens for Two: Double all ingredients. Prepare as directed except microwave hens at High 16 to 20 minutes.