Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
Six minutes until hot steamy corn on the cob...and you don't even have to shuck the corn before cooking!
- Snip the silk from the top of the ear.
- For one unshucked ear, place in the microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Rotate the cob one quarter turn and microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Turn the cob again and microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and run briefly under cool water.
- Shuck the ear (the silk comes off easily now).
- The time will have to be increased for more than one ear.
- If making the corn ahead of time, store the cooked unshucked ears in a brown bag until ready to serve.
- Serve with salt and melted butter or compound butters made with butter, garlic and herbs.
I am amazed at this method for cooking corn! Not being one to use my microwave for anything other than melting butter, reheating a dish, occasionally defrosting, and boiling water, I was very skeptical. However, after reading all of the rave reviews I gave in and tried it. DELICIOUS, and perfectly cooked! Equally as amazing is all the silks came off the cob effortlessly. Instead of running under cold water, I just let them sit while I covered a plate with cubed butter, sprinkled with salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and a bit of chili powder to roll the hot cobs in. I then held each cob with a tea towel to shuck, placed each on my prepared plate, and rolled them in the melted seasoned butter. Super super yummy, no mess, and so quick! Thank you so much for sharing this Mercy! I will continue using this method so long as I have a microwave, and it most certainly will be shared ;)
So much easier than boiling or grilling. I cooked 3 ears for 9 minutes.Corn was perfect!! Thank you!!
I can't believe how easy this is! Wish I'd found this recipe a long time ago. Love it! Thanks Mercy.