Recipe by Catnip46
This is a real tasty dish for company or special occasions. It's probably not something you would make everyday for your family as it takes awhile to get it all cooked and put together.
Top Review by Annacia
This is a can't miss hit. I used crumbled veggie sausage patties, doubled the (fat free) sour cream and skiped the cream for a marvelous breakfast. I opted to serve it with some lovely fresh asparagus and pan grilled Recipe #311537.
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 8x1 1/2 inc. round baking dish, break up sausage. Microwave, uncovered, on high 3-5 minute or until meat loses its pink color, stirring once during cooking. Drain sausage, reserving 2 Tb drippings; place sausage on paper toweling.
- Microwave green onions in reserved drippings in the baking dish, uncovered, on high 1 minute
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, sour cream, milk, salt, mustard, and pepper; pour over onion in baking dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high 5-7 minute or until eggs are almost set, pushing cooked portions to center of dish several times during cooking.
- Top eggs with sausage; sprinkle with cheese. Microwave on medium 3-6 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges. Makes 6 servings.