Recipe by rascalchicago
2 single serve, almost sugar free muffins! Although they are not traditional, they are very warm and comforty when you just wish you could cheat a bit on the diet. Feel free to substitute splenda for the optional brown sugar or a mixture of spices for the pumpkin pie spice. Prep time is mostly allowing ingredients to absorb. Measurements were approximated.
- 2⁄3 cup instant oats
- 1 banana (ripe, mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce (or 1 Mott's Snack Cup)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine banana, apple sauce, oil and egg with a fork until smooth.
- Add oats, sugar (OPTIONAL) and spices and allow to soak for up to 20 minutes.
- Add baking soda.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes in a mug or ceramic cup (I used a tea cup). Cooking times will vary depending on strength of microwave, so watch it to make sure it does not over flow.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.