Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is pretty close to the real thing, much cheaper, and takes no time to make, it's delicious on pancakes and waffles, even ice cream too!
- Combine all ingredients in a large microwave-safe (use a minimum 2-quart) cup or bowl.
- Microwave on high until mixture starts to boil.
- Boil about 6-7 minutes (stirring twice).
- Pour into sterilized syrup bottles.
- Store in the fridge, this lasts forever.
- **NOTE** to thin out you can heat in the microwave.
Okay, so it's definitely not maple syrup, but when you dont have maple syrup on hand, and you are in need of a waffle and syrup fix, this is much better than the artificial crap out there. I cut this down to make just a small batch and put it in a sealed serving pitcher and it will be gone in a few days, guaranteed. Easy instructions. Thanks!