Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is pretty close to the real thing, much cheaper, and takes no time to make, it's delicious on pancakes and waffles, even ice cream too!
- Combine all ingredients in a large microwave-safe (use a minimum 2-quart) cup or bowl.
- Microwave on high until mixture starts to boil.
- Boil about 6-7 minutes (stirring twice).
- Pour into sterilized syrup bottles.
- Store in the fridge, this lasts forever.
- **NOTE** to thin out you can heat in the microwave.
Okay, so it's definitely not maple syrup, but when you dont have maple syrup on hand, and you are in need of a waffle and syrup fix, this is much better than the artificial crap out there. I cut this down to make just a small batch and put it in a sealed serving pitcher and it will be gone in a few days, guaranteed. Easy instructions. Thanks!