Maple Syrup Substitute
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon maple extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine sugars, water and corn syrup. Place over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in extracts. Transfer to a glass jar and store in refrigerator. Reheat before using.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 48 y/o gay Jewish man in the suburbs immediately north of New York City. I'm a general internist, practicing and teaching at a medical college north of NYC. I also earned a Masters in Public Health degree in 2013. After a Walt Disney World trip in Dec 2006 where I had to rent an electric scooter because I couldn't manage the walking, I decided to have gastric bypass surgery, which was done Feb 28, 2007. I lost 160 lbs (though I've gained back about 60 of that since). I can't eat as much as I used to, so I want every bite to be extra good!