1/1 Photo of Michael's Fabulous Chocolate Mountain Ice Cream Cake
1 hr 30 mins
Lieutenant Ducky's Note:
This is a fabulous cake for children (and adults) of all ages. I made it for my brother's 21st birthday and he loved it. It's easy to make, tastes great, and leftovers store easy (if there are any). It's also so original and unique that it will astonish everyone you serve it to. It's impossible not to be impressed with a cake like this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1* In addition to the ingredients above, you will need 1 12 x 9-inch aluminum lasagna pan and plastic seran wrap.
- 2** Although crushed walnuts, chocolate chunks, and assorted candies are listed as ingredients, this part is up to your discretion and your artistic expertise.
- 3Shape the aluminum lasagna pan into a cone that will fit the amount of ice cream necessary for this mountain cake. You will probably need to do some cutting and I admit to using duct tape on the outside to seal it. Be careful you don't cut yourself!
- 4Cover the inside of the pan with plastic seran wrap for easy cake removal.
- 5Spoon about 1/2 of the ice cream into a bowl, using a pastry cutter mash it up with about 2 Tablespoons milk to a thick milkshake-like consistency. Repeat. Pour the "batter" into your cone shaped cake pan, lodge safely in freezer.
- 6Mash up the Oreos, and pat onto the open end of your cake (this is the base of the mountain).
- 7Allow for the cake to freeze at least 1 hour, and I wouldn't recommend more than 6-8.
- 8When the cake is ready to be served, whip the cream.
- 9Put the cake on a platter, pour the cream on the "peak." Sprinkle mountain peak with chocolate chunks and crushed walnuts.
- 10Place gummy candies artistically around mountain- serve!
- 11**Optional: for some extra pizazz, use a warm egg shell half, fill it with about 1 tablespoon of brandy, and place on the peak of the cake. Light it for a FLAMING mountain ice cream cake.
- 12***I posted this recipe as gluten-free, which is incorrect because of the oreos, and I apologize. For a gluten free version, you could substitute with crunched up sweetened rice cakes, or you could just leave out that part completely. Sorry for the inconvenience -- I'm not sure how to change that mistake.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Michael's Fabulous Chocolate Mountain Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.3
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: