Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A "Cuban Rum Spritzer", as enjoyed at Norman's, a wonderful restaurant in Coral Gables, Fl.
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 2 ounces Bacardi Limon (1/4 cup) or 2 ounces other citrus-infused rum (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon bottled sour mix
- ice cube
- In a double Old Fashioned glass combine mint and syrup, mashing mint with the back of a spoon to release flavor. Add remaining ingredients and enough ice to fill glass. Transfer mixture to a cocktail shaker and shake well. Serve drink in double Old Fashioned glass.
- Simple Syrup recipe: In a saucepan, bring 1 1/4 cups sugar and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil, stirring, and boil until sugar is completely dissolved. Cool syrup completely. Syrup keeps, covered and chilled, for 2 months. Makes about 2 cups.
Good recipe, and a nice drink. Only thing to be wary of is it doesn't taste like a Mojito which needs lime to be a Mojito. Still a good drink.