Prep 7 mins
Cook 3 mins
Eggs scrambled with onions, tomatoes, and chiles. I found this in one of my future wife's family cookbook and it is incredible. This fresh and tasty dish will win over breakfast.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 serrano chili, minced with seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Heat butter or oil in a medium nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Saute the onion. stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Add the beaten eggs, and cook, stirring to scramble, until almost set but still moist, about 1 minute.
- Quickly, add the tomato, Serrano chile, cilantro, and salt. Cook, stirring slowly, until the eggs are set and the fresh ingredients are heated through, about 1 minute. Serve at once.