Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
For this intensely flavorful rib eye steak from chef Bernie Kantak.
Make and share this Mexican Spice-Rubbed Rib Eyes With Lime Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 dash kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 4 (12 ounce) rib eye steaks, 1-inch thick, boneless
- vegetable oil, for the grill
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, lime zest, lime juice and a pinch of salt. In another bowl, combine the paprika, cumin and chipotle powder with 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt. Rub the mixture all over the steaks.
- Oil the grate and grill the steaks over moderately high heat, turning once, until slightly charred and medium-rare, about 12 minutes. Transfer the steaks to plates and top with the lime butter. Let the steaks stand for 3 to 4 minutes before serving.
This is a great rub recipe if you like to have a Mexican flavor with your steak. The lime butter is an awesome addition, too.