A bit of a different way to make deviled eggs.
Make and share this Mexican Slowboats (Deviled Eggs) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chives or 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped fresh and divided or 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- Boil the eggs, peel, and cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolk, put in bowl with all the other ingredients.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks into the other ingredients.
- Spoon back into the hollowed out eggs.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro or parsley.
These are great -- I knew I would love them when I read the recipe. Thanks for a winner of a recipe!
These are fabulously delicious! Made as directed. These are such a different appetizer to serve alongside guacamole, chips, and salsa. Thanks, MyDesiGirl! Made for Aussie New Zealand Recipe Swap #24.