1/2 Photos of Mexican Pot Roast for Tacos by Tyler Florence
3 hrs 15 mins
This meat is tender, delicious and spicy! I'm sure this meat could also be cooked in a crock-pot if you didn't want to "babysit" it on the stove.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season all sides of the beef with a fair amount of salt and pepper.
- 2In a large Dutch oven, or other heavy pot that has a tight cover, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over moderately high heat.
- 3Add the garlic and the beef to the pot, browning the meat on all sides, taking the time to get a nice crust on the outside.
- 4Add the onion and allow to lightly brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5Add the crushed tomatoes, plus 1 tomato can of water, spices, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and add enough water to cover the meat.
- 6Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer with a lid for 3 hours, or until the meat is fork tender.
- 7Let meat cool some in the liquid.
- 8Shred meat and place in store bought taco shells, make your own taco shells, or even roll up in warm flour tortillas.
- 9Garnish with lettuce, cheese and chopped tomatoes--if desired.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Pot Roast for Tacos by Tyler Florence
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.9
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 84.7 mg
- Sodium 388.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 32.8 g