Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know you are thinking coke in pie crust but it is a very tender crust and very good the Coke doesn't change the taste of the crust
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup shortening, plus
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 -8 ounces Coca-Cola
- Sift flour and salt.
- Cut in shortening.
- Slowly add Coke,until dough forms a ball.
- Makes about 5 single pie crusts.
- Very tender crust.
- I roll mine into 3 inch circles and place a teaspoon of filling like jam, pie filling, etc.
- fold into half and pinch and seal edges.
- Bake in preheated oven 400 drgrees for about 15 minutes.
- Roll into sugar immediately upon removal from oven.
Love this crust. Easy and comes out flakey and nice.