Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was given to me 30 years ago by my Grandmother. She fixed these every year at Christmas, along with her fudge, popcorn balls, divinity and homemade caramels. Sadly, this is the only recipe of hers I ever got for Christmas candies. Updated 11/10/07 - My Mother informed me today this was not my Grandma's recipe but my Aunt Peggy's. She obtained this while living in Chanute, KS in the late '40s or early '50s.
- In large saucepan mix brown sugar, cream and butter.
- Bring to soft ball stage on thermometer.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add pecans - stirring constantly.
- Drop immediately by teaspoon fulls on waxed paper.
- Let cool. Store in tightly covered container.