Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from my sister-in-law. Very simple and quick to make. Makes a great appetizer for last minute get togethers, superbowl parties, or late night snacks. Can serve with a salad for a cheap, fast meal.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese or 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 12 ounces picante sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut Bread in the middle lengthwise.
- Spread refried beans on each section of bread.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15 min (or until bread is browned and cheese is melted).
- While cooling, spoon on picante sauce to taste.
- Cut into 2 inch strips and serve.
This was really interesting! We only had half a loaf of french bread left, but it went great with hot salsa (I like it chunkier than just picante sauce). I also used cheddar, but this was really great for just the two of us! I broiled this on high for about 5 minutes and it was just perfect!