1/4 Photos of Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
A lovely, slightly spicy, change from traditional grilled cheese sandwiches. The roasted jalapenos and taco seasoning in the butter take this over the top. Guaranteed comfort food! I roasted the jalapenos over the gas burner for several minutes until black, then cooled in a closed paper bag for about 15 minutes before scraping off the blackened skin. Then I minced them and froze the surplus for occasions just like this one! You could even dip your sandwich into a nice salsa as well. OH GOD NO! SAY IT ISN'T SO! BE STILL MY BLOOD PRESSURE!! (*ahem*.... sorry) Anyway, this went so incredibly well with Best Albondigas Soup... I almost couldn't get it all in my mouth fast enough. :D Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine taco seasoning with the butter until fully mixed.
- 2Thinly coat 1 side of each bread slice with butter mixture.
- 3Heat skillet to medium. When hot, lay down 2 of the four slices of bread, buttered side down.
- 4On each slice in the skillet, layer 1 slice of Swiss cheese, 1 teaspoon of the minced roasted jalapenos and 1/2 of the cheddar. Top each sandwich with the remaining bread slices, buttered side UP. (I actually put a little bit more of the jalapeno pieces into the butter mixture before spreading it.).
- 5Cover skillet and turn pan to medium low. Cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Uncover and flip when sandwiches have reached desired brownness. Raise heat to medium or medium-high and continue cooking until other side is to your preferred brownness.
- 7Goes perfectly with a good bowl of soup!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.9
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 997.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 29.7 g