Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have always loved the sweet/hot/salty combo thing. This recipe combines some unusual flavors with excellent results.
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) jar jalapeno jelly or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) jarhabanero hot pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat till the jelly melts, stirring often.
- Serve immediately or chill.
This recipe was featured in Southern Living 1994 Annual Recipes. It has a nice zippy flavor without being overly sweet. We enjoyed it with the green chile-cornbread dressing also featured in the book. I prefer it chilled.
This sauce intrigues me-I will save n try n rate. What do you suggest serving this on,or what dishes do you use this sauce in?