1/1 Photo of Mexican Chopped Salad With Beets & Walnuts
Wonderful recipe adapted from Food & Wine, May 2008 edition. Original recipe called for making a dressing with 2 cups of walnut halves and a ton of oil and it was WAY too heavy and had WAY too many calories. I lighted it up and now we think it's perfect!!! This is a great make ahead salad and is perfect for the Christmas holiday (being red and green)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 medium sized peeled cooked beets, sliced (you can cheat and use canned beets if you must)
- 1 fuji apple, cubes
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup manchego cheese, thinly shaved
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- 1Whisk together the oil and lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Layer beets on the bottom of the plate, then top with apple, avocado, fennel, Manchego and walnuts.
- 3Spoon dressing over the top.
- 4Garnish with a lime wedge and some chips if you like.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chopped Salad With Beets & Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.3
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: