Recipe by Audrey M
A quick pasta to make.
Top Review by Malriah
I made this for dinner last night. It was very easy to put together and pretty tasty. I did change it a bit but not toooo much. We really like spicy so I minced a jalapeno and added it with the corn and tomatoes. I also used slightly more cheese and instead of plain monterey jack, I used pepper jack. (My lips started getting that tingly burn from the spice but it was delicious!) I couldn't find the wagon wheel pasta so I used cavatappi which is a pretty thick curly pasta. I really enjoyed my dinner and I will make this many times. Thanks for posting.
- 8 ounces wagon wheel macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb fresh boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 " diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and heat until hot.
- Sauté chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and corn and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with hot pasta and garnish with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Serve immediately.