Recipe by appleydapply
This recipe is from the May 2001 issue of Creative Home magazine. It's easy to make and gives an impressive glossy finish to sugar cookies. Especially good on Bloomin' Sugar Cookies (Bloomin' Sugar Cookies). Note: the only place I've found to purchase meringue powder is a specialty cake decorating shop.
- 2 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar, divided
- paste food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- With a fork, beat together in a small bowl the meringue powder, water, and 2 cups of the sifted powdered sugar until smooth.
- Gradually stir in about 1 1/2 cups additional powdered sugar to make a smooth glaze that is spreadable but not runny. It should have a flowing consistency and be too thin to have ridges when spread.
- Divide into separate bowls if desired before tinting with paste food coloring.
- Use to frost sugar cookies of your choice - or Bloomin' Sugar Cookies (recipe #188686).