bevs kitchen's Note:
This cut-out cookie is well tried and tested. Can be used as a plain cookie or cover in chocolate, or as I do; sandwich them together with cream and fruit for dessert. They are light and fluffy and melt in the mouth. Always a winner in my house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, cornflour, and salt into a bowl.
- 2Beat butter and icing sugar together until creamy.
- 3Add dry ingredients.
- 4Beat until the mixture is smooth and makes a soft dough.
- 5Roll out and cut out to desired shape and size.
- 6Place onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- 7Place in a pre-heated 150 degrees Celsius oven.
- 8Bake for about 15 minutes.
- 9The cookies should stay a pale colour.
- 10Do not overcook.
- 11Cool on a wire rack.
- 12Dust with icing sugar or dip into chocolate. Or, top one with whipped cream; put cut fruit around the edge; a little syrup on top; top with another cookie.
- 13They make great strawberry shortcakes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melting Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.5
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 163.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g