Recipe by MarieRynr
Can you say Yumm! Easily put together and delicious. Use any kind of pesto you like. Basil, coriander and red and yellow pepper are some of my favorites.
- 1 (190 g) jar pesto sauce
- 4 slices hearty country style whole wheat bread or 2 English muffins, split
- unsalted butter or mayonnaise, to spread
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 8 slices flavourful ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup Canadian cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the broiler.
- spread one side of the bread slices or muffin halves with butter or mayonnaise and pesto to taste.
- Distribute avocado slices over the dressed bread, top with tomato slices, and place under the broiler until tomato is soft.
- remove from the broiler, top with cheese and a bit more pesto.
- Return to broiler until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.