Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can you say Yumm! Easily put together and delicious. Use any kind of pesto you like. Basil, coriander and red and yellow pepper are some of my favorites.
- 1 (190 g) jar pesto sauce
- 4 slices hearty country style whole wheat bread or 2 English muffins, split
- unsalted butter or mayonnaise, to spread
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 8 slices flavourful ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup Canadian cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the broiler.
- spread one side of the bread slices or muffin halves with butter or mayonnaise and pesto to taste.
- Distribute avocado slices over the dressed bread, top with tomato slices, and place under the broiler until tomato is soft.
- remove from the broiler, top with cheese and a bit more pesto.
- Return to broiler until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.