Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
Well tons of people love BLT sandwiches and then there are the rest of us who do not like the taste of raw tomatoes (that would be ME!). As a kid we always had to eat what was prepared or we could tweak it a bit to our liking as long as my mom did not have to do extra work. So this was my take on the BLT as a kid and I still make it now when hubby wants BLTs.
- 2 slices bread, toasted if you'd like
- 2 slices cooked bacon, well drained
- 2 lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- 2 -3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (to your liking on measurements)
- Toast your bread (I think this is very important but I've known others who like it untoasted).
- Cook the bacon you need for this sandwich and any BLTs being served but for this sammy you'll need two crispy slices.
- Spread the peanut butter on one toasted bread slice, top with the slices of bacon (broken to fit the length) and lettuce). Place other bread slice on top.
- Slice diagonally if you want a fancy plate or directly across for those quick lunches (this is really just a joke here!).
- Take a bite and then say YUMMMMMM.
Love it! I grew up eating PB on toast with bacon for breakfast, so thought why not try it with lettuce?
I made this for breakfast this morning and DH at first thought it weird till he tasted it and admit he was surprised by both the flavor and declared it a winning recipe that he would like to have again.
I made using romaine lettuce which add even another layer of crunch.