Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from Woman's World magazine several years ago. I love the combination of melon, proscuitto and parmesan cheese! Hope you enjoy!!
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil, preferably evoo
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe, seeded
- 1 (5 ounce) packageof assorted salad greens (prefer just baby spinach)
- 6 slices thin prosciutto
- Using vegetable peeler, over wax paper, scrape curls of Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, stir vinegar, salt and pepper, until salt dissolves.
- Stir oil into vinegar mix and set aside.
- Cut cantaloupe into thin wedges and cut off rind.
- Stir dressing again, and reserve 2 tablespoons of dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad greens with the dressing.
- Arrange salad mixture on a serving platter.
- Fan the cantaloupe in a circle over the salad.
- Top with rolls of proscuitto slices.
- Add the Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Yes, juicy and sweet and tangy and the blue cheese that Pebbles suggested gave just nicely some more saltynes. Just looking at it all makes the mouth watering.
Very refreshing and sophisticated. I added a bit of crumbled blue cheese. A light lunch that satisfies lots of cravings, sweet, salty, tangy, but doesn't make you feel stuffed! Thanks