Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a different jello salad for you. I get tired of the same ones we always have, so when my friend gave me this one I tried it. It's a really nice, and very pretty salad. We loved it! Needs chilling time.
- 2 cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups 7-Up soda
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Mix the pineapple, jello, and 7up.
- Pour into a 9x13 dish.
- Put into refrigerator to set.
- In saucepan, mix juice, flour, butter and eggs.
- Cook and stir, on med, bring to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Allow to cool, while jello sets.
- Mix the cooled cooked mixture with the whipped topping.
- Spread over the jello.
The jello wouldn't set for me! Its been sitting for about 7 hours, and it is still like koolaid! Grrrr!!!!
This was good! Kids loved it. I did add a dash of cardoman to the cooked mixture. I have done this with pineapple and lemon jello before. I will make for a company dinner, it is good.