Recipe by M Harris
A very easy and tasty Italian alternative to Lasagna that even has kids begging for more!
- 12 -14 manicotti noodles
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 (14 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) italian seasoned tomato paste
- 4 -6 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef or sausage in skillet. Drain grease. Add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, and water. Bring to simmer and reduce heat.
- Meanwhile, cook manicotti noodles as directed on package. Do NOT overcook. Noodles will finish cooking during baking process. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare filling. Mix all ingredients together well and place in plastic pastry bag with open tip or ziplock bag with corner cut approximately 1".
- Pipe filling into each manicotti noodle. Place in greased baking dish.
- Cover with sauce. Top with remaining Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.