Recipe by DailyInspiration
Recipe is from BH&G. (413 cal. 7 g. fat, 45 g carbs) Make the hummus and the chicken the day before. The next day, you'll have a great lunch read to go.
Top Review by rpgaymer
Very good, although I cheated and stuck everything inside of toasted pita pockets. I used grilled chicken, and made a greek yogurt sauce with fresh garlic, cilantro, parsley and mint. Very much enjoyed by all.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 4 medium chicken breast halves, skinless & boneless
- 2 whole wheat pit bread rounds, split and toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) carton hummus (store-bought, your choice)
- 3⁄4 cup tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, chopped
- fresh cilantro
- plain fat-free yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, paprika, salt & pepper; set aside.
- Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Brush both sides of chicken with oil mixture. Broil 4-5 inches from heat for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once. Cool chicken slightly; coarsely chop chicken.
- To serve, spread hummus over the toasted pita halves. Top with the chicken, tomato and cucumber. If desired, garnish with the cilantro and serve with yogurt.